Other applicable terms
If you are an advertiser on our site, the placing of your advert on our site will be governed by our standard advertiser terms and conditions.
Information about us
http://www.littlebluebook.co.uk is a site operated by Local Pages Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08576948 and have our registered office at 1 Upton Road, Southville, Bristol, BS3 1LW. Our VAT number is 170 2742 28.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time and may change the content on it at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge (unless you are an advertiser, in which case you may be liable to pay a fee for your advertisement on our site).
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted and we will not be liable to you if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and, if applicable, you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from our site in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence or other written consent to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our site, some of which is provided by third parties (including, without limitation, advertisers) is provided on an ‘as is’ basis for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely and any action you take, or refrain from taking, on the basis of the content on our site is at your own risk.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that: (i) our site or any content on it will be accurate, complete, up-to-date or free from errors or omissions; or (ii) that the technology used to provide any searches, maps and directions will return the most accurate or most convenient result for any particular enquiry.
Any dealings between you and any advertisers on our site, including the payment for, and delivery of, products and/or services and any other terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the relevant advertiser. You agree not to hold us liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of any such dealings.
Your liability to us
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or to any content on it, whether express or implied.
If you are a business, please note that, in particular, we will not be liable for: (i) loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; (ii) business interruption; (iii) loss of anticipated savings; (iv) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or (v) any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind.
If you are a consumer, you may only use our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
If you are an advertiser on our site, different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of services by us to you, which will be set out in our standard advertiser terms and conditions.
Uploading content to our site
Our site may from time to time include features which will allow you to upload or post content to our site (including, without limitation, comments and/or feedback on products and/or services provided by advertisers on our site) or to make contact with other users of our site. Whenever you make use of such a feature, you must comply with, and you warrant that any such contribution does comply with, our content standards (see below).
Any content you upload or post to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose any such content to third parties for any purpose.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content uploaded or posted by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content uploaded or posted by you or any other user of our site.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Prohibited uses of our site
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below); or
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, penetrate, interfere with, damage or disrupt (or attempt to do any of the same): (i) any part of our site or its security measures; (ii) any equipment or network on which our site is stored; (iii) any software used in the provision of our site; or (iv) any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation, bulletin boards, messaging services and review or feedback forms.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards (see below), whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site, and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards, as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote indecent or sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe or violate any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, assist or enable any illegal or unlawful activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement or computer misuse) or intend to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of our site;
- relate to commercial activities (including, without limitation, sales, competitions and advertising, links to other websites or premium rate telephone numbers); or
- disseminate or otherwise disclose another person’s personal information without his or her prior permission, or collect or solicit another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes.
Suspension and termination
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded or posted by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is reasonably necessary.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing any viruses, trojans, worms, time bombs, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other malicious or technologically harmful material which is designed to affect adversely the operation of any computer software or hardware. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any virus, distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or your downloading of any content on it or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site only with our prior written consent. If we give such consent, you agree:
- to link to our site in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it;
- not to establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you or in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists; and
- not to frame our site on any other site.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with our content standards (see above).
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to obtain our consent to link to our site or to make any other use of any content on our site, please contact us at email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in our site
Our site may contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, including, without limitation, advertisers.
We have no control over the those websites or resources or their availability and any links to them are provided for your information only. You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any such websites or resources, including the purchase and use of any products and/or services accessible through them. We are not responsible for, and do not endorse, their content or their privacy policies (if any) and we will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
Nothing in the foregoing paragraph will limit our right to take proceedings against you in any other court of competent jurisdiction, nor will the taking of proceedings in any one or more jurisdiction preclude us from taking proceedings in any other jurisdiction, whether concurrently or not, to the extent permitted by the law of such other jurisdiction.
“Local Pages” is the registered trade mark of Local Pages Limited.
To contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 1 Upton Road, Southville, Bristol, BS3 1LW.
Thank you for visiting our site.